What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
- Nominate some other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
Since beginning in aviation in 2001 it was my goal to quit as soon as I stopped having fun. I actually quite twice in 2006 and 2009. Each time I began again with a better airline. Currently I am woking at Southwest Airlines. The only thing better is a new company I started in my garage called Grow Milkweed Plants.
2. If you could travel to any time in history, what would you choose, and why?
Fall of 1997. While personal finance and budgeting is important to me. Today I am really working hard to restore the milkweed habitat for monarch butterflies in the West. The decline became severe following the Fall of 1997 and I think I would really enjoy visiting that time and perhaps I could warn people against the dangers of pesticides and herbicides.
3. What’s a great memory from your childhood?
Test piloting a home-made hang glider. My childhood was peppered with dangerous tricks and stunts. There is one great memory that stands out from the rest. My older brother decided, one afternoon, to design and build a hang glider using PVC pipe a tarp and duct tape. Then he asked me to be the pilot. We didn't calculate the center of gravity (CG) correctly. While charging down hill I went vertical and gained altitude before reversing direction and auguring into the ground. In hindsight that may be why I now do weight & balance calculations for my current employer.
4. If you were on a desert island and could only bring 3 items, what would they be?
Bacon, Honey and a USMC Ka-Bar fighting knife. Contact me if you would like a more detailed explanation. In short, they are the foundations for which my strength will be derived while on this desert island.
5. What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (ok, fine, What… is your favorite color? Ok, ok, really now, *snort*, What’s something you do that makes your life easier and more productive?)
From what I gather it's 24mph. If the unladen swallow is on a Southwest flight then it increases to Mach 0.78 (511 mph, 823 km/h). Bacon, but that can be confused with pink so I'm changing my answer to blue. The Reminders app makes my life easier and helps me get more done. I set reminders for everything from I do from budgeting to buying bacon.
1. C. Osvaldo Gomez @Common Core Money
2. Maarten van Lier @Million In 10
3. Mario @Debt Blag
4. Jessica @Fresh From Debt
5. P.F. Addict @Personal Finance Addict
Questions to Answer:
2. What would you do for an hour each day if there were 25 hours in a day?
3. You are presented with an opportunity to travel to one destination for one month. Where are you going to go?
4. What has been your biggest financial mis-step/regret?
5. Imagine a menu that lists every type of food ever made. The food is free but the catch is you can only pick one thing. What one food item would you choose? (Mine would include bacon).